I have a blog, I just remembered... Hello Blog, how have you been? I am pretty good. School is plodding along and I can't seem to find much motivation to do things outside of the required homeworky things required of me.
I was reading the news today and a few headlines caught my attention. The GOP wants to withdraw public funding of NPR. Their quartermaster Ailes called them, "The Left wing of the Nazi Party" (whatever that means in his universe). It is sort of funny to me because while the Right makes fun of NPR, their personalities, and their public and private funding, the NRO is begging for donations so they can stay in operation.
On the Left side of the News Grayson is going crazy because aparently being defeated in the election means no more boundaries. "5 Things the Rich can do with their Tax Cuts" really? Oh the defeated, how boisterous they can become.
Ooo the congress is all about saving money right? Lets stop making GIANT SIGNS THAT HAVE TWO WORDS ON THEM IN CAPITAL LETTERS! Yeah, that sounds good to me...
Sorry, got a little carried away there. The political climate has sort of soured for me of late. I am watching the Democrats sulk, even though they still have control of the Senate and the Presidency. The Republicans are having an identity crisis and absolutely nothing will come out of the House. They just suspended the rules today, making it necessary to get 2/3 of the vote in order to pass unemployment legislation. It failed with a vote of 258-154, yup no money for the unemployed. How about sticking to the rules? You know the ones, where you have to pass a measure by a majority... one more than 50%
Oh those were the days, simple majority votes, passing legislation in a representative republic, just like the CommieSocialistFascist founders intended.
No comments:
Post a Comment