School is great, I love going to school and learning things. That being said, it is awesome to get away from school once and a while and do something completely different. Last weekend I got to go up to the Sweetgrass Hills just North of Chester Montana. It was an awesome trip.
I started off the weekend Friday afternoon with a ride back to Great Falls with Nathanial, it was a nice drive, but I think the beetles have gotten much worse since coming over for school. we got in to Great Falls around 5:45 and I got a wonderful home cooked meal from my mother :). Left Great Falls about 6:30 and drove up to Chester, in the dark, on a highway that I had all to my self. I had to get out after I was past Chester, just had to, because it was so beautiful outside. I stopped, turned off my truck, and just looked up at the sky for a bit, it was glorious.
The hunting trip was great, but I wont detail it here, I was just thinking about how easy it is to travel in Montana. I traveled through so many geographical locations on the trip, it is a simple matter to go from mountains, to the Front, to rolling plains, to the highline. We have opportunities here that other people can only read about in books. That is why I love it in Montana, the diversity of the land.
No comments:
Post a Comment